Frequently asked questions
Studio rules for COVID19
We take the health and safety of both artists and customers at Briar Rose very seriously.
For this reason we have written up some guidelines which must be adhered to while on the premises:
1. Please don’t arrive early to your appointment as the waiting area is limited.
2. You MUST bring a face mask or shield with you to your appointment – if you arrive without a mask don’t worry we can provide you with one.
3. You will be asked to sanitise your hands when entering the studio.
4. Please don't bring excessive amounts of belongings as we ideally need to keep you and your things in your designated tattoo area.
5. Please do bring your own drink / snacks as we cannot provide these things. Please take your empty packaging with you when you leave.
6. Please do not bring friends or family with you to your appointment. Our space is limited and to adhere to social distancing rules that means we have no space for plus ones. There are two lovely cafes nearby if you do need someone to wait nearby.
7. Please be considerate of our artists and other customers by maintaining a safe 2m distance from everyone as much as possible (other than the artist tattooing you of course!)
8. If you have a high temperature/fever, persistent cough or feel unwell, please let your artist know as soon as possible so that they can reschedule your appointment. We will have a temperature checker at the studio to monitor artists and customers coming in and will turn away anyone with a high temperature for safety reasons.
7. It is up to our individual artists whether they are accepting cash, please check with them beforehand. Most of them do accept PayPal or bank transfer however.
8. Briar Rose Tattoo staff reserve the right to ask you to leave the studio and forfeit your deposit if you do not follow these guidelines. Please respect our safety as much as we respect yours. Thank you!
How do I make an appointment here?
Because we are all self employed here, all of our artists all manage their own bookings and have their own process.
So please check out the artists listed on our website. They're instagrams are listed if you would like to see their full portfolios.
When you have chosen the artist who's style best fits with your idea, just pop them an email with the following information
Your tattoo design idea
Some photo references
Size in cm or inches
Placement on the body
Anything else you think they'll need to know.
Some of our artists have an auto-reply on their emails. Please do read these as they may contain important information that will help aid you book in with them. Some of them may require more information not listed above.
If you aren't sure who to book with then please do feel free to pop us an email to BriarRoseTattoo@gmail.com and we will do our best to help.
I don't know which artist best fits my ideas?
No problem! Our studio manager, Louis, is on hand to help.
Drop us an email to BriarRoseTattoo@gmail.com with the following information
1. Your design idea
2. Size of tattoo desired
3. Rough placement of tattoo.
4. Anything else relevent to your ideas.
And Louis will be able to point you in the right direction.
Do you offer piercings?
At this moment in time, no we do not have a piercer in our shop. Sorry!
Do you offer walk-ins?
Our shop is a private / appointment only shop. Please email your desired artist first to arrange either a consultation or a tattoo appointment.
We won't be able to help you if you show up without an appointment as the artist may not be in, or they may be with a customer. Please email beforehand to avoid disappointment.
Is there parking at the studio?
Yes, right out front there is parking, and also down many of the side streets you are able to park.
You wil need to pay between the hours of 10am and 12pm using the Ring Go app. But outside of these two hours it's all free.
It's on street parking though so please be aware that there may not be spaces at certain times of the day.
Our shop is at ground level, the entrance is level to the pavement outside.
We do have one small step inside the studio, from the main studio area down to where the toilet is. But we have a ramp we can set up if you need it.
Please feel free to ask us beforehand if you have any needs that must be met for you to be comfortable.
How old must I be to get tattooed?
You must be at least 18 years of age to get a tattoo. It is against UK law to tattoo a minor, not even with parental consent.
We also ask that you bring Photo ID to your tattoo appointment. No exceptions.
Any reputable studio won’t tattoo under the age of 18.
Can I go on holiday or use sun beds with a fresh tattoo?
We advise you to stay away from any harsh sunlight, sunbeds or doing any sunbathing after getting tattooed for at least 6 weeks.
As well as no saunas, steam rooms or swimming pools for 4 weeks.
Even when fully healed - it is important to note that direct sunlight and sunbeds are very damaging to tattoos, particularly colour tattoos. The colours will in some cases not ever go back to how they were before the damage.
We recommend using a high factor sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection on all of your tattoos, any time you go out in the sun, for life. Or simply covering them with light clothing.
Do you tattoo over scars?
The short answer is yes - but the scars must be assessed beforehand to see how big and how healed they are before going ahead with an appointment.
Ideally they should be a long time healed, and not too raised. Please do talk to your artist - we all have a lot of experience regarding scars so we can definitely give you advice on the best steps to take.
How can I prepare for my tattoo appointment?
The best thing you can do is to be well-rested. You will find that your pain tolerance is a lot higher when you are feeling your best.
Please do eat something substantial before your appointment and stay hydrated. If you feel weak or faint during your tattoo, then have a sugar filled drink or snack to get your blood-sugar levels up.
Absolutely do not party the night before… alcohol thins the blood for up to 24 hours and can dilute our ink pigments, affecting both the appearance of your tattoo as well as the healing process. Not to mention being hungover in any way will not help your pain tolerance during the tattoo..
But remember that we are always here to help, so don’t stress, we will look after you before, during and after your tattoo.